At the start of every year, businesses are tasked to comply with the renewal of business permits with the Barangay, City Hall (collectively called Local Government Units or LGUs) and the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR). Deadline for renewal of permits with the LGUs is on January 20, while the deadline for the annual registration with the BIR is on January 31. You can expect fees to be paid include barangay permit fee, business tax, mayor’s permit fee, sanitary permit, and fire permit among others. Here’s the steps and business permit renewal requirements.
3 Steps to Renewing Your Business Permits
Step 1: Renewal of Barangay Permit
• Previous year’s barangay permit, original
• Previous year’s official receipt / proof of payment
• Submit your accomplished application form together with the requirements at the Barangay Permit Division
• Wait for the assessment
• Pay corresponding fees
• Release of Barangay Permit, securing of Barangay Permit can be done within a day.
Step 2: Renewal of Mayor’s/Business Permit
• New Barangay Permit
• Previous year’s Mayor’s Permit / Business Permit, original
• Previous year’s official receipt / proof of payment, original
• Previous year’s Income Statement, audited or unaudited
• Contract of Lease (2018, or covering stay during 2018)
• Local Insurance (Paid at City Hall or external companies)
• Community Tax Certificate (CTC) / Cedula (Paid and acquired at City Hall)
• Submission of application form
¤ Submit accomplished application form together with the complete requirements for evaluation. Application form is available at the Business Permits and Licensing Office of City Hall
¤ Assessment of necessary fees at the Business Permits and Licensing Office
¤ Payment of fees is made at the City Treasurer’s Office
¤ After processing of payment the City Treasurer’s Office will give you a receiving copy. The receiving copy of payment will be presented upon claiming of Mayor’s Permit
• Release of Mayor’s Permit
¤ Present the proof of payment at Business Permits and Licensing Office to claim your renewed Mayor’s Permit.
¤ Releasing of renewed Mayor’s Permit will takes 1 to 2 weeks depending on the volume of renewal transactions.
Step 3: Renewal of Registration with the BIR
¤ Accomplished BIR form 0605
¤ Go to officer-of-the-day in your RDO for assessment
¤ Pay the annual registration fee amounting to P 500.00 at any BIR-accredited bank in your RDO
Complying with the requirements of renewing the business registration with the LGUs and the BIR is a good way to start the year. As the saying goes, “it is better to start the year right so that you’ll end the year right”.